Today’s news review looks at a report on the Northern Powerhouse and arts history.
Today’s news review looks at funding for academisation plans, and international teacher recruitment.
Today’s news review looks at the speech Education Secretary Justine Greening is set to make this afternoon on education being at the core of social mobility.
Today’s news review looks at class sizes and our announcement of new childcare grants.
Today’s news review looks at the publication of our annual accounts.
Today, the Secretary of State gave an oral statement to Parliament setting out our fairer funding proposals for schools and high needs.
Today’s news review looks at coverage of a report from the National Audit Office on school funding.
Today’s news review looks at media coverage of the Independent Schools Council’s planned response to the Schools That Work for Everyone consultation, the launch of a gender pay gap tool and a Sutton Trust report.
Today’s news review looks at Ofsted figures on maintained schools and academies and the Department’s publication of the Initial Teacher Training census.
Ofsted has today published its maintained schools and academies inspection outcomes as at 31 August 2016.
Related content and links
About the Education Hub
The Education Hub is a site for parents, pupils, education professionals and the media that captures all you need to know about the education system. You’ll find accessible, straightforward information on popular topics, Q&As, interviews, case studies, and more.
Please note that for media enquiries, journalists should call our central Newsdesk on 020 7783 8300. This media-only line operates from Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm. Outside of these hours the number will divert to the duty media officer.
Members of the public should call our general enquiries line on 0370 000 2288.
Recent blog posts
- What is an academy and what are the benefits? 14 October 2021
- T Levels: Everything you need to know about the groundbreaking new technical equivalent to A levels 13 October 2021
- What are Institutes of Technology? 12 October 2021
- A joint letter to parents of secondary school and college students in England on Covid-19 testing and vaccines from the Secretaries of State for Education and for Health and Social Care 11 October 2021
- Black History Month: How Black History is taught in our schools 8 October 2021